Monday 17 January 2011

Introductory filming:

TODAY, MONDAY 17TH JANUARY 2011, I FILMED THE INTRODUCTORY ESTABLISHING SHOTS AT GREAT CHESTERFORD.

I booked a camera, collected it and set off filming as soon as I got back when it was still light. There were two main shots I aimed to get: a field and a street. Originally the street shots were supposed to be done in Saffron Walden's high street, however the quiet village of Great Chesterford is better. In the storyboard the streets were busy, but empty streets are better in terms of narrotive because they show the sleeping street compared to the early-working protagonist. In the storyboard there is a rolling hill and a rising sun, there is no such location in Great Chesterford and a sleeping street starts the narrotive better.


I filmed two fields and many streets to have as much footage as possible to choose from. Unfortunately it took me a while to upload my location shots onto my computer and as a result I got confused as to when they were filmed. I saw a post entitled 'location shots' and assumed I filmed then. I didn't, this was referring to earlier filming. As a result my location shots are located in a post entered on 2nd December 2010. 

No comments:

Post a Comment